Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera License

Expert Contributor

What happens when license gets expired for any production server running on cloudera enterprise(license). Will the production get effected or only the cloudera support will expire.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cloudera Employee

When a Cloudera Enterprise license expires, the following occurs:

• Cloudera Enterprise Enterprise Data Hub Edition Trial - Enterprise features are no longer available.
  • Cloudera Enterprise - Cloudera Manager Admin Console displays a banner indicating license expiration. Contact Cloudera Support to receive an updated license. In the meanwhile, all enterprise features will continue to be available.

This has been documented here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

Cloudera support will definitely expire. As for the cluster, I think most of the cluster services will keep working, except the licensed pieces and one will be legally non-compliant to the licensing terms.

Expert Contributor

Can you tell me, which all services will expire? Currently running services are:

Sqoop1,2

Kafka

Flume

Spark

HDFS

HBase

Hue

Impala

Cloudera Management Services

Hue

OOzie

YARN

MR

Zookeeper

Sentry

Also, if there are 33 nodes in cluster, out of which 24 are data nodes and 9 are master nodes. How many licenses will be required?

Rising Star

Services won't expire, instead license expires. Most of these services are open source, but Cloudera Management Service is not. This stands true if you are using their EDH edition of Hadoop Distro; Cloudera express edition is free, I think.

As far as I know, any node that's running services except Gateway roles, Flume roles & CM need to be licensed. But if these services are colocated on a machine along with other services then that machine also needs to be licensed.

I would suggest reaching out to your account rep. for further details.

Expert Contributor

Thankyou...I believe services will keep running as it is, only the additional services that comes with license won't be available.

Cloudera Employee

When a Cloudera Enterprise license expires, the following occurs:

• Cloudera Enterprise Enterprise Data Hub Edition Trial - Enterprise features are no longer available.
  • Cloudera Enterprise - Cloudera Manager Admin Console displays a banner indicating license expiration. Contact Cloudera Support to receive an updated license. In the meanwhile, all enterprise features will continue to be available.

This has been documented here.