Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager Agent's process directory is on a filesystem with less than 100.0 MiB of its space

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I am running into this issue, one of my host says that process directory memory is full, i am new to cdh. Any suggestions how should act to this ? should i change the directory path ? if yes how ?

Complete warning:

• The health test result for HOST_AGENT_PROCESS_DIRECTORY_FREE_SPACE has become bad: The Cloudera Manager Agent's process directory is on a filesystem with less than 100.0 MiB of its space free. /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process (free: 420.0 KiB (0.01%), capacity: 3.9 GiB)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@hadoopNoob,

In order to address this issue, you will need to free up space in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process.

To do so, we need to know much space each process directorty is taking and also how old they are.

You can try listing the directories in order of size with a command like:

du -h --max-depth=1 /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | sort -h

It is OK to delete directories in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process provided that process directory is not used for a running process.

/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process is where the configuration for any role you are starting resides, so if you run out of space, you will not be able to start processes on that host.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi @hadoopNoob,

Your agent directory is in a disck with few memory, you need to move the directory to another unit with more space memory.

You need to change the path in the configuration file. Usually located in /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini

Then, restart the agent, service cloudera-scm-agent restart.

Regards,

Manu.

Master Guru

@hadoopNoob,

In order to address this issue, you will need to free up space in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process.

To do so, we need to know much space each process directorty is taking and also how old they are.

You can try listing the directories in order of size with a command like:

du -h --max-depth=1 /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | sort -h

It is OK to delete directories in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process provided that process directory is not used for a running process.

/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process is where the configuration for any role you are starting resides, so if you run out of space, you will not be able to start processes on that host.