Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager Change user to non-root after cluster has been deployed

Explorer

Hi all,

I originally deployed a 6 node cluster using Cloudera Manager and specified root + root's ssh key.  I would like to now move this to use a non-privileged account that has passwordless sudo, but I don't see how to do this.  Is this possible?

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi David,

The credentials you provide at time of initial install are used only for that point in time. You could revoke, remove or alter the credentials you provided, and are not stored.

In the event that you use the "Host Upgrade Wizard" to upgrade the agents on each node for you the next time you upgrade Cloudera Manager, you'd be prompted anew to enter the credentials needed to perform the upgrade operation. You could provide at that time your account with passwordless sudo for that one-time use.

Regards,

--

Mark Schnegelberger

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

David,

I have moved your post to the Cloudera Manager board so that hopefully someone here could give you the feedback you are seeking.

Clint

Super Collaborator

Hi David,

The credentials you provide at time of initial install are used only for that point in time. You could revoke, remove or alter the credentials you provided, and are not stored.

In the event that you use the "Host Upgrade Wizard" to upgrade the agents on each node for you the next time you upgrade Cloudera Manager, you'd be prompted anew to enter the credentials needed to perform the upgrade operation. You could provide at that time your account with passwordless sudo for that one-time use.

Regards,

--

Mark Schnegelberger

Explorer

Oh great, this is even better.  Thank you!

David