Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager: oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.WorkflowDefinitionMaxLength invalid variable

Expert Contributor

I need to submit a large Oozie workflow to import many tables from Teradata, but I got the following error:

E0736: Workflow definition length [325,117] exceeded maximum allowed length [100,000]

I searched for this error and it seems we can increase the workflow allowed size with this property in the oozie-site.xml:

<property>
	<name>oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.WorkflowDefinitionMaxLength</name>
	<value>100000000</value>
	<description>
            The maximum length of the workflow definition in bytes
            An error will be reported if the length exceeds the given maximum
        </description>
</property>

I've tried to add that property in the Oozie configuration through Cloudera Manager (tried both in the Oozie Service Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) and in Oozie Server Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) ) like so:

oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.WorkflowDefinitionMaxLength=10000000

In both cases Cloudera Manager gives an error complaining that it is an invalid variable:

Could not parse: Oozie Service Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) : Could not parse parameter 'oozie_env_safety_valve'. Was expecting: valid variable name. Input: oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.WorkflowDefinitionMaxLength=10000000
Could not parse: Oozie Server Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) : Could not parse parameter 'OOZIE_SERVER_role_env_safety_valve'. Was expecting: valid variable name. Input: oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.WorkflowDefinitionMaxLength=10000000

Does anyone know how to solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Solved, I was looking in the wrong section:

oozie_Stale_config.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Solved, I was looking in the wrong section:

oozie_Stale_config.png