New Contributor

Cloudera installation stuck at 'Installing selected parcels' for Cloudera 5.3

Hi,

I created a Centos 6.2 vm with 60 GB hardisk and 32 GB RAM. On it I downloaded and ran the Cloudera Manager Server installer from www.cloudera.com for Cloudera 5.3. The installation went through fine till Cluster intallation. I got the message 'Installation completed successfully'. But it is stuck at the next step which is 'Installing selected parcels'. It is trying to download and install the following three parcels:

Sqoop_netezza_connector

Sqoop_teradata_connector

CDH 5.3.3

The installation is now stuck at this point. While the screen shows that the downloading of the parcels is done, it does not progress to distributing or activating from there.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Deepti

Contributor

Re: Cloudera installation stuck at 'Installing selected parcels' for Cloudera 5.3

Facing this same issue with 5.7.1 cloudera installation on Ubuntu 12.04 

(3 node installation)

"While the screen shows that the downloading of the parcels is done, it does not progress to distributing or activating from there."

New Contributor

Re: Cloudera installation stuck at 'Installing selected parcels' for Cloudera 5.3

I too have same problem i tried with 5.7.1 on centos 7.

much appriciate your help.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 222
Solutions: 119

If the parcels installation page does not progress, you should check the Cloudera Manager logs to see what it is doing and also if there are errors.

On the Cloudera Manager host, review /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log

Next, open a new tab and go to the Cloudera Manager UI

Click on the parcels icon in the top right (little parcel icon).

This will show you the progress of parcel distribution.  You may get clues there.

If that does not work out, check the agent log.  The agents download parcels from Cloudera Manager on the CM UI port, so the agent log should show progress there.  You may see useful errors/stacks there too.

Check in:

/var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/cloudera-scm-agent.log

The same issue can have different causes, but the above outlines where Cloudera Support would look to start mining information.

Regards,

Ben

New Contributor

Can you sholve this?

Mar 25, 9:21:32 AMERROR13838 MainThread agent
Caught unexpected exception in main loop.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.10.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 710, in __issue_heartbeat
    self._init_after_first_heartbeat_response(resp_data)
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.10.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 947, in _init_after_first_heartbeat_response
    self.client_configs.load()
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.10.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 682, in load
    new_deployed.update(self._lookup_alternatives(fname))
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.10.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 432, in _lookup_alternatives
    return self._parse_alternatives(alt_name, out)
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.10.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 444, in _parse_alternatives
    path, _, _, priority_str = line.rstrip().split(" ")
ValueError: too many values to unpack
New Contributor

Check for a permissions of directory where the parcels are being downloaded and for the space available in directory where the parcels are being downloaded as well. I had once an error like this and it was related to one of this settings.

Explorer

Hi,

How did you resovle this issue. I am facing the same issue. I tried removing open jdk, but still seeing this in agent logs.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 710, in __issue_heartbeat
self._init_after_first_heartbeat_response(resp_data)
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 948, in _init_after_first_heartbeat_response
self.client_configs.load()
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 713, in load
new_deployed.update(self._lookup_alternatives(fname))
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 434, in _lookup_alternatives
return self._parse_alternatives(alt_name, out)
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 446, in _parse_alternatives
path, _, _, priority_str = line.rstrip().split(" ")
ValueError: too many values to unpack

New Contributor

Hello. Usually space is the issue. Check if u have enough space while
installing parcels. In My Case it was Space. tell me if it helps
Explorer

Re: Cloudera installation stuck at 'Installing selected parcels' for Cloudera 5.11

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I dont see any space issue in my case. My disk is empty

New Contributor

Re: Cloudera installation stuck at 'Installing selected parcels' for Cloudera 5.11

ValueError: too many values to unpack... this could be thebjwy. Check with
command alternatives --list and see what u got. Are there any ckoudwra
configured values? It Should Be Like links to configuration files et cetera
Announcements