Ram
Contributor

Cloudera manage not creating the kerberos principals on KDC

Hello All,

When  I enabled(configured) the kerberos security using cloudera manager, it is not creating the principals on KDC but it shows all the principals under "Administrations--Kerberos web interface", because of this I am not able to start the cluster with kerberos enabled. May I know what I am doing wrong?

I listed the principals on KDC by command line but I do not see all any of the principals created by cloudera manager.

Thanks,

Ram

Cloudera Employee

Re: Cloudera manage not creating the kerberos principals on KDC

It appears that you have not completed all of the steps necessary to enable hadoop security using cloudera manager, as descibed here:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM4Ent/latest/Configuring-Hadoop-Secu...

Ram
Contributor

What exaclty step 10 means? does it supposed to create the credentials on KDC or not?  - because I see it finished on web interface but I dont see any principals crated on domain controler. So I just want to make sure what I did thus far is good or not before moving to next step.

Ram
Contributor

I get the following error(CLIENT not found in kerberos database) - which I think make sense because I do not have principal on KDC.

2:26:57.082 AMERRORorg.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain
Unexpected exception, exiting abnormally
java.io.IOException: Could not configure server because SASL configuration did not allow the  ZooKeeper server to authenticate itself properly: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Client not found in Kerberos database (6) - CLIENT_NOT_FOUND
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ServerCnxnFactory.configureSaslLogin(ServerCnxnFactory.java:205)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.configure(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:87)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.runFromConfig(QuorumPeerMain.java:135)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:116)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)
Cloudera Employee

Poke the "generate credentials" button in the Cloudera manager > Administration > Kerberos screen and it should create the principals for you if steps 1-7 were done correctly.  At that point you should see them listed in the kerberos web page (after a little bit and a refresh of the page). You will see them in the KDC when you do a "listprincs" command ( within kadmin.local on the KDC or using just kadmin if you are remote to the kdc in your shell).

From there you can continue with the rest of the steps.

When you start the cluster services, CM will distribute the keytabs needed by all the services to start up and inter-operate with each other using kerberos security.

Todd

Cloudera Employee

make sure you have shut down cluster services before continuing from step 10 forward... by step 14 you restart them again.

Ram
Contributor

Thanks!!! I think I am doing something wrong ...

1.) all the principals shows up on  on CM

2.) but  no new principals created on KDC for almost hour now.

I used both kdadmin as well as kadmin.local to list the principals ..

I have all the cluster sevices is down except management.

Thanks,

Ram

Ram
Contributor

Thanks!!!! I am good ..now I see all the principals created on KDC. this can be closed

Announcements