Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera manager install on single rhel7 linux box

Contributor

Hi,

I am new to cloudera-hadoop.

I am trying to install Cloudera Manager on a single Linux box.

is this possible, if so, please point me to directions/how-to docs

I have been trying to do the pseudo-distributed install following instructions but I always got stuck at some point or the other.

since Cloudera Manager install all required services, figured might be better to try that

Regards all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@ChineduLB,

Thanks for giving Cloudera and Hadoop a try.

The quickstart VMs we have seem to only go up to 5.13 and we are currently at 6.1.  If you are looking for a simpler way to get a test cluster on a single node set up, make sure you have a host with at least 10GB and more realistically 16GB so you can run all servers on the same host and then...

This will help you:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/poc_installation.html

If you are stuck on something in particular, though, please let us know.  This community is happy to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@ChineduLB,

Thanks for giving Cloudera and Hadoop a try.

The quickstart VMs we have seem to only go up to 5.13 and we are currently at 6.1.  If you are looking for a simpler way to get a test cluster on a single node set up, make sure you have a host with at least 10GB and more realistically 16GB so you can run all servers on the same host and then...

This will help you:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/poc_installation.html

If you are stuck on something in particular, though, please let us know.  This community is happy to help.

Contributor

Thanks.

I'll give it a try and post here if i run into any issues

regards

Contributor

Worked like a charm. 

Followed the instructions and all went well

Thanks a million