Explorer

Cluster opacity and few doubts

Hi All,

1. How to know how much data is present in my running cluster? And total my cluster capacity?

2. What is difference between HDFS and hdfs1? (I have see HDFS and hdfs1 in some CMs)

3. Why we will do deploy client configuration? 

4.How to see HIVE full query, which has been compleated successfully?

Regards,

R

Highlighted
Topics: 14
Kudos: 84
Solutions: 45

Re: Cluster opacity and few doubts

@Rashmi22

Hope this may help you

1. How to know how much data is present in my running cluster? And total my cluster capacity?

Cloudera Manager -> HDFS -> Web UI (menu) -> It will show you the cluster capacity including DFS used, unused, etc information. You can also click on live nodes to get capacity & usage by nodes

Note: This will not count the local files, so you have to consider that separately 

2. What is difference between HDFS and hdfs1? (I have see HDFS and hdfs1 in some CMs)

I believe it might be because of configuration. Consider two different environments managed by CM

3. Why we will do deploy client configuration? 

Kind of master slave. Ex: Hive server to be installed in one node and gateway can be configured in all other required nodes. So that hive will use all the server + gateway nodes

4.How to see HIVE full query, which has been compleated successfully?

Cloudera Manager -> Yarn -> Applications -> you can customize the history by 30m, 1hr, etc upto 30 days

Announcements