03-20-2017 03:18 PM
I opened this ticket before : https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/File-Descriptor-usage-in-Datanode-cl... , but this is still a problem and may be people are not replying, so opening a new case.
We have a situation in Cloudera 5.9 where the the data nodes file descriptors do not get closed and as a resultr we finally we run out of dile descriptors (> 99% use of ~ 32k file descriptors.) I don't want to increase it to a higher value until we confirm it's not a problem with current config of data node (most of which is using default config except for file paths)
I have tried a lot of google searches to look for possible clues to investigate , but haven't been able to make much progress. I will be really grateful if someone can help with it.
Looking forward to your response.