New Contributor

Deploy client configuration has failed on CDH 5.13 single user mode

Hello,

I'm currently facing a problem during the last step of setup and configuration of Cloudera manager on Ubuntu machine.

All the services failed during the deployment process.

Schermata_2018_07_10_alle_14_10_59

From my side I have followed all the suggestions for single user mode here: 

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-13-x/topics/install_singleuser_reqts.html#concep...

I have set:

cloudera-scm ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

And I have make writable these directories:

• /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/
  • /var/lib/cloudera-scm-agent/
  • /opt/cloudera

But it still get the same deployment error...

Someone could exaplain me why I cannot complete the configuration?

I upload below the /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/cloudera-scm-agent.log file:

https://yadi.sk/i/fPFnhPdv3Z2Cqx

Topics: 1
Kudos: 200
Solutions: 107

Re: Deploy client configuration has failed on CDH 5.13 single user mode

@ugofantozzi,

In the log you shared, we see that the single user does not have the access required via sudo:

[10/Jul/2018 13:11:24 +0000] 27280 MainThread tmpfs WARNING Failed to sudo tmpfs at /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process, rc: 1 stderr: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

and

[10/Jul/2018 13:11:31 +0000] 27280 MainThread throttling_logger WARNING Command failure: ['sudo', '/usr/sbin/update-alternatives', '--admindir', '/var/lib/dpkg/alternatives', '--altdir', '/etc/alternatives', '--display', 'sqoop2-conf'], sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/zookeeper/stacks'

It seems that sudo and permissions on the host from which the cloudera-scm-agent.log was obtained doesn't have sudo set up to grant the agent the access it needs to OS resources. 

Correcting that is a good place to start.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply @bgooley,
the problem is that I have already set in visudo the sudo permission to cloudera-scm user.. and the same sudo privileges were setted also for the user that I have choose during the cloudera manager installation step.

Schermata_2018_07_11_alle_10_34_28

As you can see the "cluster" user and the "cloudera-scm" user have the right sudo permission that are the same of the "root" user.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 200
Solutions: 107

@ugofantozzi,

If the agent is running as cloudera-scm, then the errors indicate that sudo is not set up to allow the necessary access.  I would try testing with the cloudera-scm user and see if it can creat directories, run alternatives and other commands.

Ben

Announcements