Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error while launzing oozie web console : java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved

I have installed Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition Trial 5.5.1 recently. After this I am getting following error while opening oozie web console : 

type Exception report

message Unable to compile class for JSP:

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP: 

An error occurred at line: 1 in the generated java file
The type java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Stacktrace:
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:460)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:356)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:334)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:321)
	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:592)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	org.apache.oozie.servlet.AuthFilter$2.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:171)
	org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:589)
	org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:552)
	org.apache.oozie.servlet.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:176)
	org.apache.oozie.servlet.HostnameFilter.doFilter(HostnameFilter.java:86)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.44 logs.

After googling a bit, I found out that it is coming after java8-upg 91. I have java8 upg-101 installed on my machine which came by default with this version of cloudera. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

This is apparently a know issue with JDK 8u91 and 8u92 and Oozie's TomCat environment.

See JIRA OOZIE-2553  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2533

Per the JIRA JDK 8u90 seeems to be fine, and there's a kludged work-a-round html page if you're in clined to implement it. (See the JIRA) or... you could always downgrade your Java to 8u90.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

This is apparently a know issue with JDK 8u91 and 8u92 and Oozie's TomCat environment.

See JIRA OOZIE-2553  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2533

Per the JIRA JDK 8u90 seeems to be fine, and there's a kludged work-a-round html page if you're in clined to implement it. (See the JIRA) or... you could always downgrade your Java to 8u90.

Contributor

Hello Team,

Is there any workaround for this bug ? Even i am getting same error while accessing a oozie webconsole.

Details -

CDH - 5.8.0

Oozie - 4.1.0.

Kerberosed - Yes

Java - 1.8.0_101

Error -

Message - Unable to compile class for JSP
Exception - org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
An error occured at line : 1 in the generated java file
The type java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files.

Thanks,

Kumar

Downgrade the java. I did it to 1.8.0_60 and it worked for me

Contributor

Do we have any other workaround suggested by cloudera?

How did you downgrade the java on running cluster? Please share the steps.

you can follow following page :
http://bigdatafan.blogspot.in/2016/05/upgrade-java-to-jdk-8-on-cloudera-cdh.html

additionally, update the symbolic link that from which java runs. For my cluster it was /usr/bin/java which I got from which java. You can remove the same and create a new link from the location where you will place new java version