Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error with zookeeper in cloudera 5.11 installation

New Contributor

I am installing the cloudera 5.11 in centos and I had an error with zookeeper. The error is the following:

2017-05-21 15:44:59,355 ERROR org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain: Unable to access datadir, exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog$DatadirException: Missing data directory /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2, automatic data directory creation is disabled (zookeeper.datadir.autocreate is false). Please create this directory manually.
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.<init>(FileTxnSnapLog.java:102)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:109)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:91)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:53)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:121)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)

The complete log is in the next pastebin link:

https://pastebin.com/4JbiGFR2

anyone had the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

What is the permission of the created directory?

Is SELinux disabled in your system?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

Why don't you create /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2 mannualy or zookeeper.datadir.autocreate to true and try.

New Contributor
I create /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2 manually but till I have the same
problem.

Explorer

What is the permission of the created directory?

Is SELinux disabled in your system?

New Contributor

Thanks, I forgot disable SELinux.