Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

External Database Setup: Only Reports Manager Requested

Contributor

Hello,

I am installing clouderal manager 5.14 with MySQL as external database.

althought the documentation mention to create diffeenent datbases to host the cloudera manager managment components data as explained here:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_ig_mysql.html#cmig_topic_5_5

Activity Monitor amon amon amon_password
Reports Manager rman rman rman_password

i choosed custom intsllation to only install the HDFS and YARN

When i did the installation i have only been requested to enter the Reports Mnager database info

I have not been requested to enter data for activity monitor which i believe part of the cloudera manager itself

Appreciate your advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello,

Yes, that is normal. A number of these services have moved towards local file storage mechanisms based on one of a number of different storage formats such as leveldb. Most of these service no longer require an external or embeded database.

---
Customer Operations Engineer | Security SME | Cloudera, Inc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I believe that in most current releases if this is a new installation we do not automatically setup the Activity Monitor Role. This role was originally used by Cloudera Management Services in conjunction with MRv1. If you are not using MRv1 and the Activity Monitor role is not visible in the list of Cloudera Management services then this is the likely reason you have not been prompted to setup and configure the external database for this service in the deployment wizards.

You can check what role instances you have setup by going to:

Cloudera Management Services -> Instances

---

Contributor

Thank you Ihebert

below are all installed instances:

Alert Publisher Started cloudera Commissioned Alert Publisher Default Group
Event Server Started cloudera Commissioned Event Server Default Group
Host Monitor Started cloudera Commissioned Host Monitor Default Group
Reports Manager Started cloudera Commissioned Reports Manager Default Group
Service Monitor Started cloudera Commissioned Service Monitor Default Group

i have been prompt only to enter info for Reports Manager database, is that normal giving the above listed instances please ?

Expert Contributor

Hello,

Yes, that is normal. A number of these services have moved towards local file storage mechanisms based on one of a number of different storage formats such as leveldb. Most of these service no longer require an external or embeded database.

---

Contributor
thanks for explantion