Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to install Hive using Cloudera Manager

Explorer

This is the only output I can get (there isn't any log because Hive could not be installed):

Captura.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

UPDATE: I've finally solved this issue. Hive wasn't able to create the tables itself, so I just created them manually. In order to achieve this, I checked my Hive version ("hiveserver2 --version") and I downloaded the sql script (hive-schema-1.1.0.postgres.sql and hive-txn-schema-0.13.0.postgres.sql) from this repo. After I connected to my db, I executed: "/i hive-schema-1.1.0.postgres.sql". This fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

UPDATE:
2017-03-17 10:28:22,776 ERROR 443671474@scm-web-5:com.cloudera.cmf.service.hive.HiveMetastoreServerCommands: Unable to generate configuration for command HiveUpgradeMetastore

Explorer

UPDATE: I've finally solved this issue. Hive wasn't able to create the tables itself, so I just created them manually. In order to achieve this, I checked my Hive version ("hiveserver2 --version") and I downloaded the sql script (hive-schema-1.1.0.postgres.sql and hive-txn-schema-0.13.0.postgres.sql) from this repo. After I connected to my db, I executed: "/i hive-schema-1.1.0.postgres.sql". This fixed the issue.

New Contributor

We had the same issue, how were you able to proceed on the installation wizard?  We continue to get this error.