Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to start service via Cloudera manager

Explorer

After using Installation Path A - Automated Installation by Cloudera Manager , system gives the following tips:Congratulation!But when I enter mylocal:7180 in Firefox,The page is shown below2.PNG

Can anyone tell me why I encounters this Errors: 'Unable to issue query :request to the Service Monitor:timed out'in Charts Section?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

It appears that your "Service Monitor" service is unable to connect to it's underlying database.   During the installation process of CM, there was a screen that would have asked you to configure your database connections for the various databases used by the "mgmt1" services of Cloudera Manager.  Did you modify any of the default settings on that screen and/or click the "Test Connection" button there?  CM will default to a postgresql database for these dbs unless you change it to point to MySQL or a db of your choice.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Guru

It appears that your "Service Monitor" service is unable to connect to it's underlying database.   During the installation process of CM, there was a screen that would have asked you to configure your database connections for the various databases used by the "mgmt1" services of Cloudera Manager.  Did you modify any of the default settings on that screen and/or click the "Test Connection" button there?  CM will default to a postgresql database for these dbs unless you change it to point to MySQL or a db of your choice.

Explorer

First thanks for your reply.You are right.In this step,I'm really click the "Test Connection" button there.You mean I don't need to click this button and move on to the next step,right?

The test connection page won't let you proceed unless your connection is valid.

Did you modify your service monitory database settings manually, after setting up the service?

What do the log messages say for the Service Monitor? Click on your Management Service, click on Service Monitory, click on the Processes tab, and look for any interesting messages in stderr, stdout, and the role log.

Explorer

Hello All,

I am getting same error. Kindly go through the below image.

Cloudera_error.png

It was working earlier, but after restarting Cluster, it is giving me above error and working very slow. Kindly help.

Please let me know how to resolve the issue......

Regards,

Jiten

Contributor

Click the host button and check the heartbeat ..If your not getting heartbeat then you need to reinstall the host because your ip settings maybe DHCP

Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, i am getting heartbeat now. But still it is responding too slow. Kindly go through the below images.

Heartbeat.png

I am facing below Health issues, kindly help.

Node_Errors.png

Thanks & Regards,

Jiten Pansara

Contributor

3.pngYou got the hearbeat sound's good.Can you please make it clear What kind of health issues you facing?check the logs in diagonistics button.For heartbeat please look at the screenshot I attached.

New Contributor

I had similar issue, heartbeat is good, but no charts. this is firewall issue. i worked with network people to open ports and certain ip addresses.

Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Please go through the below errors which we are getting.

Log_Errors.png

Thanks & Regards,

Jiten Pansara