Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDFS client configuration is not updated using 'deploy client configration'

Expert Contributor

Hi, we have NN HA on quorum Journal. 

We got failed namenode recently. We did replace it with new one. HDFS works, it's possible to read/write data.
I do click 'download clinet configuration' and see that hdfs-site.xml has right settings for NN HA service configuration.

When I click 'deploy client configuration' nohing happens. /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml still have old configuration. It refenreces deleted NN role. last modified time is not changed also. Looks like it's not updated by CM...
How can we fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Vikram Srivastava helped me in google groups. Here is an explanation:

The alternatives priority for HDFS is by default configured lower than MapReduce, so deploying HDFS client configs only will not update what /etc/hadoop/conf points to.

I've filed an internal issue for this to warn users that they need to deploy cluster client configs rather than individual services.

Hope it would help other hadoopers 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

This problem is related only to HDFS service.

I did deploy client conf of MapReduce service. It updates client conf mapred-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml

I do see updated hdfs-site.xml

The other problem with HDFS service is that i can't DELETE any role (DN, Gateway, Journal node). Cloudera manager just starts to consume 100% cPU and jstack reports therad dead lock... 

Expert Contributor

Vikram Srivastava helped me in google groups. Here is an explanation:

The alternatives priority for HDFS is by default configured lower than MapReduce, so deploying HDFS client configs only will not update what /etc/hadoop/conf points to.

I've filed an internal issue for this to warn users that they need to deploy cluster client configs rather than individual services.

Hope it would help other hadoopers 🙂