Expert Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to change KDC account manager credentials after enabling Kerberos

Reference: https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_sg_s3_cm_principal.html

Is there any way to change KDC account manager credentials after enabling Kerberos? I can’t find anywhere in CM to change the properties. If these are not in CM web UI, is it kept in JKS somewhere?

Topics: 14
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 45

Re: How to change KDC account manager credentials after enabling Kerberos

@zhuw.bigdata

I hope you are done with Import KDC Acc Manager Credential already using the following steps" CM -> Administration -> Setting -> Import KDC Account Manager Credentials"

And now you want to change the credential

In your CLI, type kadmin.local (if you are in Kerberos master node) --or-- kadmin (if you are from client/remote node)

kadmin.local: ?  

# Type ?, it will give you help including how to change credentials

Hope this helps

Topics: 1
Kudos: 243
Solutions: 126

In older versions of Cloudera Manager (4.x I believe), the keytab file used to be stored in /etc/cloudera-scm-server as "cmf.keytab".

Now, it is stored in Cloudera Manager's database.

To create or update the KDC account manager in Cloudera Manager, you can reference this documentation:

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_sg_deploy_keytab_s5.html

Topics: 1
Kudos: 243
Solutions: 126

@saranvisa, You provided the right information, but I wanted to clarify that the correct step to update the Account Manager credentials was to again import credentials.  Thanks for providing the solution!

Ben

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Since "Import Kerberos Account Manager Credentials" tab show blank for both User name and Password, I have no clue which user is used. Basically I will create a new account manager then.

Announcements