Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to start/stop impala service (installed using parcels) through command line?

New Contributor

I am trying to debug impala, but I don't know how to do it if it's installed through parcel. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Vikram,

Cloudera Manager has a configuration option to start impala in debug mode. Just search for "debug" in the upper left search box when viewing the Impala Configuration page.

Packages vs parcels will make no difference here. That's just controls how the CDH binaries are installed, not how they are run.

Thanks,
Darren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

New Contributor

or should I got with package based installation?

Contributor

Hi Vikram,

If you have installed Impala with Cloudera Manager, use Cloudera Manager to start and stop services. Because CM UI can start services in a group and it takes care to start all impala services (i.e. impala-server, impala-state-store, impala-catelog) in its correct order.

Also if you wanted to start impala services as an startup action of cloudera manager, you can find information on same in below link.

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Im...

Regards,
Chirag Patadia.

Hi Vikram,

Cloudera Manager has a configuration option to start impala in debug mode. Just search for "debug" in the upper left search box when viewing the Impala Configuration page.

Packages vs parcels will make no difference here. That's just controls how the CDH binaries are installed, not how they are run.

Thanks,
Darren