Explorer

Re: Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent | cluster setup

Thanks for the steps.

I  have solved the issue.

I actually rebooted my machine.

After the reboot cloudera manage can now able to see my machine in "currently managed host" tab.

But still i dont know why cloudera manage was not  able to search my hostname during installation. i have added my system info in /etc/hosts file in correct order i.e. <ip> <fqdn> <hostname> and even all my ports were open.

Explorer

Even I was facing same error. But I was keep on retrying it at last it went to success.

I made small correct to the host file and i am not sure that fix the problem or not.

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain <hostname>

Earlier I entered localhost, instead of hostname.

New Contributor

I encountered the same error, log shows:
2017-04-16 05:32:43,314 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive: Unable to retrieve non-local non-loopback IP address. Seeing address: client4/127.0.0.1.
2017-04-16 05:32:43,314 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive failed. Bootup = false
2017-04-16 05:32:43,314 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive was not able to access CM identity to validate it.
2017-04-16 05:32:43,314 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive is deferring the validation to the next run in 15 seconds.
Topics: 0
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 6

Hi Coroel,

Based on the error information you provided it appears as though Cloudera Manager is detecting that a client IP address is 127.0.0.1. Hadoop and most of the platform will encounter problems if the FQDN of the host resolves to this address. The address localhost.localdomain and localhost should resolve to 127.0.0.1. The real hostname and FQDN of the host should resolved to the internally accessible or publicly accessible IP.

2017-04-16 05:32:43,314 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive: Unable to retrieve non-local non-loopback IP address. Seeing address: client4/127.0.0.1.

Customer Operations Engineer | Cloudera, Inc.
New Contributor

I have tried most of solutions from forum but no luck.

I am doing 5.9.1 with pakage method on Cent OS 6.4

Please help me in this

Topics: 1
Kudos: 102
Solutions: 54

@nikhilnavlakha,

The Cloudera Community will help, but we need the details of what problem you face and what you have tried so far (itemized).  This is a long thread, I would recommend a new thread so we can assess the issue and suggest how to investigate further.

-Ben

Announcements