New Contributor

Is there a way to configure how often (frequency) are the alerts sent out of Cloudera Manager 5?

Hello all,

Is there a way to change how often are the alerts sent ou of Cloudera Manager? The default settings are a little bit to low because we are being spamed ones an alert is triggered and not handled quickly.

I'm using Cloudera Manager 5.

Thanks

Cloudera Employee

Re: Is there a way to configure how often (frequency) are the alerts sent out of Cloudera Manager 5?

Please read this link to see if it resolves your issues:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cloudera-manager/v5-0-0/Cloudera-Manager-A...

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan
Cloudera Support
New Contributor

Re: Is there a way to configure how often (frequency) are the alerts sent out of Cloudera Manager 5?

Thanks for your response!

I've read that page but I couldn't find anything related to the frequency of the alerts that are being sent. I need something like: when an event is happening send resend alerts at 10min interval. I wonder if there is something like notification_interval in nagios service definition.

Thanks

New Contributor

can some one answer this questions.

How frequently the alerts comes from Cloudera Manager

Highlighted
Topics: 1
Kudos: 175
Solutions: 95

Hello,

Alerts are emitted when the state of a role transitions into a state that considered alertable.

For instance, if the health check that determines which is the Active NameNode fails, the state of the HDFS service may transition from GOOD to BAD.  If BAD is considered alertable, an alert will be emitted.

If the state moves back to CONCERNING or GOOD and back to BAD again, another alert will be emitted.

There is no "interval" here.

If you using email as your method of alerting, you can leverage "Maximum Batch Size" and "Maximum Batch Interval" to "limit the total emails you receive from alert conditions.

If you feel there are unexplained alerts, please post them and we can try to help explain what is going on.

Regards,

Ben

Announcements