Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Max no. of nodes can be managed by Cloudea

Contributor

Hi,

What is the maximum number of nodes that can be managed using Cloudea Manager. Any restrictions/limitations or it is unlimited?  Somewhere in Stackoverflow i remember reading it as 50. Wanted to confirm.Can you please share some info on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@bvk,

Functionally, anything under 1000 nodes should work in C5, but there are factors regarding what version of CM 5 (make sure you are on the latest for performance-related improvements over earlier releases) and your CM host's resources.

As far as I recall there is no imposed limit on number of nodes in CM 5.

We are looking at imposing a 100 node limit on CDH 6.1 clusters managed with Cloudera Express but that is in the works.  Thre is no functional limitation at this time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Guru

@bvk,

Functionally, anything under 1000 nodes should work in C5, but there are factors regarding what version of CM 5 (make sure you are on the latest for performance-related improvements over earlier releases) and your CM host's resources.

As far as I recall there is no imposed limit on number of nodes in CM 5.

We are looking at imposing a 100 node limit on CDH 6.1 clusters managed with Cloudera Express but that is in the works.  Thre is no functional limitation at this time.

Explorer

Hi,

according to the CDH6 datasheet the free version is limited to 100 nodes.

We currently run CDH 5.14 with more than hundred nodes, does this mean, I cannot upgrade to CDH6 or does this only apply to a "new" cluster ?

Cheers, Maurice

Explorer

Hi,

is there any news on this topic?

Super Collaborator

The upgrade wizard will block the upgrade if the number of nodes that will be in the CDH 6 cluster exceeds 100. You may want to reach out to your Cloudera sales representative to clarify the status and implications for your clusters upfront.

Explorer

Thank you for the clarification.