Highlighted
bvk
Explorer
Accepted Solution

Path-B CDH Manual Installation, asks for installing softwares on hosts even after installing them.

Hi,

I am trying to install CDH-5.15.0 on RHEL 7.1 of 3 node cluster by manuall installing the softwares on each host.

CM:5.15.0

CDH:5.15.0

JDK:jdk1.8.0_171

1. Installed the CMserver, agent, daemon on master node and agent & daemon on other nodes, untar the above said jdk tar file to /opt after setting local repository. Used mysql as cloudera manager DB
  2. ran the scm_prepare_database.sh to create scm db
  3. updated the JAVA_HOME in /etc/default/cloudera-scm-server on master node. 
  4. updated the server_host in /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini on all nodes
  5. started the cm-server & agent on master node, agents on other nodes. 
  6. Able to login to cloudera console, hosts were detected and I landed to cluster installation wizard. 

Now I see that Select the specific release of the Cloudera Manager Agent you want to install on your hosts.

CDH-5.15.0.png

I have already installed the neccessary softwares on all nodes, and updated the config.ini file as well. So here I shouldn't be asked to select the specific release of Agents to be installed. 

Am i missing any steps? How do i avoid cloudera manager installing softwares on other nodes?

Thanks in advance!!!

bvk
Explorer

Re: Path-B CDH Manual Installation, asks for installing softwares on hosts even after installing the

Hi,

Even I am not sure what happened, after trying below steps multiple time, i was getting below option to select the specific release of CM agents. So I have rebooted all my machines and aftert the reboot, i tried hitting the console, this time I was not asked to select the specific version of softwares to be installed, directly download-distribute-unpack-activate window came up. And installation was successful. Any idea on what the issue was? and after reboot how it got fixed?

Regards

B.V.K

Announcements