Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Path-B CDH Manual Installation, asks for installing softwares on hosts even after installing them.

Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to install CDH-5.15.0 on RHEL 7.1 of 3 node cluster by manuall installing the softwares on each host.

CM:5.15.0

CDH:5.15.0

JDK:jdk1.8.0_171

1. Installed the CMserver, agent, daemon on master node and agent & daemon on other nodes, untar the above said jdk tar file to /opt after setting local repository. Used mysql as cloudera manager DB
  2. ran the scm_prepare_database.sh to create scm db
  3. updated the JAVA_HOME in /etc/default/cloudera-scm-server on master node. 
  4. updated the server_host in /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini on all nodes
  5. started the cm-server & agent on master node, agents on other nodes. 
  6. Able to login to cloudera console, hosts were detected and I landed to cluster installation wizard. 

Now I see that Select the specific release of the Cloudera Manager Agent you want to install on your hosts.

CDH-5.15.0.png

I have already installed the neccessary softwares on all nodes, and updated the config.ini file as well. So here I shouldn't be asked to select the specific release of Agents to be installed. 

Am i missing any steps? How do i avoid cloudera manager installing softwares on other nodes?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi,

Even I am not sure what happened, after trying below steps multiple time, i was getting below option to select the specific release of CM agents. So I have rebooted all my machines and aftert the reboot, i tried hitting the console, this time I was not asked to select the specific version of softwares to be installed, directly download-distribute-unpack-activate window came up. And installation was successful. Any idea on what the issue was? and after reboot how it got fixed?

Regards

B.V.K

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Hi,

Even I am not sure what happened, after trying below steps multiple time, i was getting below option to select the specific release of CM agents. So I have rebooted all my machines and aftert the reboot, i tried hitting the console, this time I was not asked to select the specific version of softwares to be installed, directly download-distribute-unpack-activate window came up. And installation was successful. Any idea on what the issue was? and after reboot how it got fixed?

Regards

B.V.K

New Contributor

Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards