New Contributor

Problem with spark2 CSD

Hello,
I've had a problem with the Spark2 CSD, while trying to install it on our cluster the following error rises when trying to start the history server:
"This role requires the following additional parcels to be activated before it can start[spark2]"

Highlighted
Topics: 3
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 59

Re: Problem with spark2 CSD

You need to add the Spark2 remote parcel URL to Cloudera Manager. After that you should have the option to download it and distribute it to the cluster.
New Contributor

Re: Problem with spark2 CSD

I will elaborate further:

We have a cluster that has been recently upgraded to CDH 5.11.1

we tried to reinstall the spark2 CSD after the upgrade and received the following error while trying to redeploy client configuration:

"This role requires the following additional parcels to be activated before it can start[spark2]"

The version of the spark2 we are trying to install is 2.2.0.

The spark2 parcel is downloaded and activated across the cluster so that isnt the problem.

We have another cluster that was also recently upgraded to CDH 5.11.1 and spark2 was succesfully installed there.

The only difference I can think of between the clusters is that one (The one that the installation failed on) of them is managed inside a cloudera manager server that has 3 clusters in it (without the cloudera management service)

and the cluster that the SPARK2 installation was working on is the only cluster inside the cloudera manager serrver that manages it.

Announcements