New Contributor

The root volume created by EC2 provisioning is too small (<5G) causing alarms in the console

I am attempting to build a cloud in EC2 following the documentation in [1].  When the manager provisions the nodes, the root volume ends up having less than 5G of free space, triggering alarms for /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent .

There doesn't seem to be a way to specify a good size through the GUI.  I have considered symlinking this path to the ephemeral data volume (do I really need these logs to be persistent?) but that seems like a bad idea.  I made a quick attempt at creating an AMI with a larger volume, but there are authentication issues during installation that I don't know how to fix.

I think the ideal short-term solution would be to modify a config file, causing cloud-init to provision with a larger root volume, but I have not been able to find such a config.  Thoughts?

Cloudera Enterprise 4.3 Trial

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 (the nodes are 6.3)

[1]

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/03/how-to-create-a-cdh-cluster-on-amazon-ec2-via-cloudera-manager...

Expert Contributor

Re: The root volume created by EC2 provisioning is too small (<5G) causing alarms in the console

Use the High Storage HS1  EC2 instances, which are recommended for Hadoop.

Announcements