Highlighted
FRP
New Contributor

Thrift server must run in secure mode to support authentication

Hi there,
I'd like to use the Hbase browser within Hue so I have configured it according to these instructions:

- https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-4-x/topics/admin_hue_enable_apps.html

- http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM4Ent/4.7.0/Cloudera-Manager-Managin...

- http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/09/how-to-manage-hbase-data-via-hue/' AND 

A few issues:

1 - When I try to restart the service/stale services (Hbase inc Thrift and HUE), Hue starts fine, all of Hbase services starts fine except for Thrift server. This comes up with an error as per the subject heading for this topic/post.

2. Therefore, when I go to the Hue web page, an error appears as it loads: "HBase Browser Failed to authenticate to HBase Thrift Server, check authentication configurations."

I'm stuck and not sure what to do, I've tried many options but reverted again back to the configuration as per the instructions in the links I provided earlier.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Fernando 

FRP
New Contributor

Re: Thrift server must run in secure mode to support authentication

Hi All,

FYI - here is the stderr output that shows this error upon starting the thrift service:

+ HBASE_CONF_DIR=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER
+ export HADOOP_CONF=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER
+ HADOOP_CONF=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER
+ replace_conf_dir
+ find /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER -type f '!' -path '/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER/logs/*' '!' -name '*.log' '!' -name '*.keytab' '!' -name '*jceks' -exec perl -pi -e 's#{{CMF_CONF_DIR}}#/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER#g' '{}' ';'
Can't open /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER/supervisor.conf: Permission denied.
+ acquire_kerberos_tgt hbase.keytab
+ '[' -z hbase.keytab ']'
+ '[' -n '' ']'
+ export 'HBASE_OPTS=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true '
+ HBASE_OPTS='-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true '
+ locate_hbase_script
+ '[' 5 -ge 5 ']'
+ export BIGTOP_DEFAULTS_DIR=
+ BIGTOP_DEFAULTS_DIR=
+ HBASE_BIN=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.8.0-1.cdh5.8.0.p1769.1751/lib/hbase/../../bin/hbase
+ '[' upgrade = thrift ']'
+ '[' region_mover = thrift ']'
+ '[' toggle_balancer = thrift ']'
+ '[' shell = thrift ']'
+ '[' hfileCheck = thrift ']'
+ '[' remoteSnapshotTool = thrift ']'
+ '[' '' '!=' '' ']'
+ '[' regionserver = thrift -a -n '' ']'
+ '[' start = start -a 5 -gt 4 ']'
+ '[' regionserver = thrift -o master = thrift ']'
+ exec /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.8.0-1.cdh5.8.0.p1769.1751/lib/hbase/../../bin/hbase --config /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/299-hbase-HBASETHRIFTSERVER thrift start --port 9090 -threadpool --bind 0.0.0.0
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Thrift server must run in secure mode to support authentication
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServerRunner.<init>(ThriftServerRunner.java:336)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServer.doMain(ThriftServer.java:95)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServer.main(ThriftServer.java:240)

New Contributor

Re: Thrift server must run in secure mode to support authentication

hi~!

I meet the same situation,and I set the parameter of Hbase:

hbase.thrift.security.qop = none

then I solved this problem.

Maybe you can try it.good luck!

Announcements