Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Trigger works but not sending alerts

Contributor

I created a trigger for a flume in cloudera manager, with a certain condition (Eps drops to < 5). Here is the condition:

SELECT event_put_success_rate_across_flume_channels WHERE entityName="flume" AND last(event_put_success_rate_across_flume_channels) <= 5.

It is triggering now as seen in the CM UI. However I was expecting it to also send alert by email, which it does not. I am getting alerts by email on other things but not the custom triggers. What am I missing in configuring my trigger/alert?

I restarted Flume, Alert Publisher and the CM service management as well. Anything else I am missing?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Ok, this is resolved. The problem was the alert threshold was set to send emails when a service enters a Bad state. However the trigger expression was "DO health:concerning"

Once I changed it to "DO health:bad" it worked. User mistake, again 😞

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

New Contributor

I am having this problem, too. Have you found a solution?

Contributor

No  😞

Contributor

Ok, this is resolved. The problem was the alert threshold was set to send emails when a service enters a Bad state. However the trigger expression was "DO health:concerning"

Once I changed it to "DO health:bad" it worked. User mistake, again 😞

Community Manager

Great to see that you resolved your issue. Feel free to mark your last comment as the solution in case it can assist others. 🙂

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

I just did, thank you.