Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to remove the dead host from Cluster

Contributor

i'm unable to remove dead host which no-longer exists from the Cluster.

i tried deleting/removing from the cluster but after few mins it comes back , i think couldera management services is bringing back those dead host

could you please let me know , how could i get this resolved ?

for now, i have decommissioned the host and suppressed the agent status alert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

go to /var/lib/cloudera-scm-agent/ and remove all the 3 files (uuid, cm_guid, response.avro) 

stop the cloudera-manager-agent and remove this host details from "/etc/hosts" for all other nodes . This should solve the problem, let us know if still any issues. 

Thanks 

-Bharat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

How "dead" is the host?   If the system is still able to start the operating system then the Cloudera Manager Agent may be running.   This will cause it to heartbeat to the Cloudera Manager Server and will show up in the lists of hosts.

If this is the case, remove the cloudera-manager-agent package from the dead host.  You should be able to delete the host from Cloudera Manager without it returning.

David Wilder, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Contributor
Great !...Thank you… I got to have realized lately

Explorer

go to /var/lib/cloudera-scm-agent/ and remove all the 3 files (uuid, cm_guid, response.avro) 

stop the cloudera-manager-agent and remove this host details from "/etc/hosts" for all other nodes . This should solve the problem, let us know if still any issues. 

Thanks 

-Bharat