New Contributor

Unable to start HDFS after trying to enable HA

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I am new to cloudera and hadoop.

I tried enabling HA with a new node as additional namenode with no services pre-installed. However, the process failed and I tried removing the new node from the cluster. I had also used the same node as a JN. Now I am unable to disable HA and all the services are down since the minimum required number of JNs are not available.

Can somebody shed light on the situation? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unable to start HDFS after trying to enable HA

Hello,

Can anybody help me out?

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jerin,

Try to put in maintenance mode, then try to remove this.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 230
Solutions: 121

@Jerin,

Without screen shots it is hard for us to understand exactly what you are facing when you are trying to do at this point.

There is a Wizard for enabling HA, so next time use it and it will ensure that you have all the roles required and configuration changes will be made to support HA.

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cdh_hag_hdfs_ha_enabling.html#cmug_t...

That said, it sounds like you need to address your current condition where HDFS is not in a good state.

First, what happens when you try to disable HA?  How are you doing that?

(screen shot would be best)

Without seeing what problem you are encountering, the best I can say is that you may need to add a Journal Node on another node temporarily...

I think in the past I've been able to disable HA by removing the JNs, Failover Controllers, and one of the NameNodes.

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cm_mc_role_instances.html#cmug_topic...

Proceed with caution, though, if your HDFS data is important.  Depending on what you did and where it is failing, you may lose some edits

Announcements