New Contributor

Unable to start HDFS after trying to enable HA

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I am new to cloudera and hadoop.

I tried enabling HA with a new node as additional namenode with no services pre-installed. However, the process failed and I tried removing the new node from the cluster. I had also used the same node as a JN. Now I am unable to disable HA and all the services are down since the minimum required number of JNs are not available.

Can somebody shed light on the situation? 

New Contributor

Re: Unable to start HDFS after trying to enable HA

Hello,

Can anybody help me out?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi @Jerin,

Try to put in maintenance mode, then try to remove this.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 162
Solutions: 87

@Jerin,

Without screen shots it is hard for us to understand exactly what you are facing when you are trying to do at this point.

There is a Wizard for enabling HA, so next time use it and it will ensure that you have all the roles required and configuration changes will be made to support HA.

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cdh_hag_hdfs_ha_enabling.html#cmug_t...

That said, it sounds like you need to address your current condition where HDFS is not in a good state.

First, what happens when you try to disable HA?  How are you doing that?

(screen shot would be best)

Without seeing what problem you are encountering, the best I can say is that you may need to add a Journal Node on another node temporarily...

I think in the past I've been able to disable HA by removing the JNs, Failover Controllers, and one of the NameNodes.

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cm_mc_role_instances.html#cmug_topic...

Proceed with caution, though, if your HDFS data is important.  Depending on what you did and where it is failing, you may lose some edits

Announcements