Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Way to debug DataNode adding to Hadoop cluster

Explorer

Hello Team,

I  have installed hadoop -1.2.1 in oracle virtual box and working fine without any issue.

Additionally, i have added one datanode also but it's not showing in hadoop cluster.

When i start services in masternode, below message was showing

/*

student@master:~/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/bin$ ./start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-student-namenode-master.out
node2: bash: line 0: cd: /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/..: No such file or directory
node2: bash: /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: No such file or directory
master: starting datanode, logging to /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-student-datanode-master.out
master: starting secondarynamenode, logging to /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-student-secondarynamenode-master.out
starting jobtracker, logging to /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-student-jobtracker-master.out
node2: bash: line 0: cd: /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/..: No such file or directory
node2: bash: /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: No such file or directory
master: starting tasktracker, logging to /home/student/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-student-tasktracker-master.out
student@master:~/Installations/hadoop-1.2.1/bin$ jps
8786 SecondaryNameNode
9073 Jps
8860 JobTracker
8656 DataNode
9000 TaskTracker
8522 NameNode

*/

how to debug the exact issue?

Regads,

Yknev

11 REPLIES 11

Explorer

Hello,

I have found the root cause of issue.

Actually my datanode having differen user than masternode(eg. Masternode OS user - student and datanode os user - node2user), so both these OS users having different default path i.e /home/student for masternode and /home/node2user for node2.

To given common path for both masternode and datanode, i have created new user for datanode i.e studnet (same as masternode). so both OS users having same path now. i.e /home/student.

I have copied this path in core-site.xml and working fine.

Is it required to be maintain same user name for both masternode and datanode?

In case if user name is different than masternode , how can i choose the path?

Thanks in advance

Champion

if you read my previous reply , thats exactly I told that your fs.default should be same across all the nodes more over same version of core-site.xml .

to be more precies 

This is used to specify the default file system it needs be set to a HDFS address. this is need for  client configuration as well so your local configuration file should include this element.

hdfs://192.168.1.200:9000/. Here 9000 denotes port on which datanode will send heartbeat to namenode