Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Weird BDR error saying different KDC

Explorer

has anyone seen this error when trying to set up Cloudera Manager backup BDR peering between two Kerberized clusters? (I think they are both 5.13.3)

Source and target realms are same but have different KDC. Please ensure those KDCs are on unified realm.

As far as I can see I am using the same KDC on both clusters. Can anyone suggest how I can check? I have looked in the /etc/krb5.conf They seem the same. I have done an nslookup on what it says is the KDC server - it is the same.

Any more tips for things to look for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi,

You're probably seeing this because the KDC host configured in Cloudera Manager is different on the two clusters. To check this log into Cloudera Manager and go to Administration -> Settings and then search for KDC Server Host.

Regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi,

You're probably seeing this because the KDC host configured in Cloudera Manager is different on the two clusters. To check this log into Cloudera Manager and go to Administration -> Settings and then search for KDC Server Host.

Regards,

Jim

Explorer
Hello Jim,

That seems to have been the problem. Although the krb5.conf files were effectively identical the two Cloudera Managers had been configured by specifying the KDC by name and by IP address.

We now have BDR working between two different Cloudera Managers, but not between two clusters with the same Cloudera Manager.