Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Where is exactly cloudera manager? How to find it on Vmware sandbox?

I just downloaded quickstart vm cloudera sandbox on Vmware software. Then, I set the processor to 2 to make it work faster. Now, I can see the homescreen.Capture.PNG

like this. I know it is a stupid question. Maybe, it is. Maybe not. But, where is cloudera manager? Is it some icon? I don't know how to and where to find it. Please HELP!

Kudos: 67
Solutions: 34

Re: Where is exactly cloudera manager? How to find it on Vmware sandbox?

The launch Cloudera Express icon is what you are looking for. I suggest looking over our community article on setting up the QuickStart VM to ensure you have the proper resources allocated to the VM. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

When I opened lauch express, terminal appeared with warning: it is highly recommended that you run cloudera express in a vm with at least 8GB of RAM.

You can override these checks by passing in the --force option,

e.g., sudo /homecloudera/cloudera-manager --force

press [ENTER] to exit...

P.S. I have allocated 2 procrssors and ram about 3.5 GB. Do you want me to change VM settings and give 8GB of ram that all I have to Cloudera quickstart VM?

Champion

You can allocate 4GB

kick off this command in the terminal . that should bring you a cloudera manager express edition 

sudo /home/cloudera/cloudera-manager --force --express

Once everything is started in the terminal you wll see a Cloudera manager url along with the credentials .

Let me know if this is suffice  

New Contributor

Thanks. That works for me. :)

Announcements