Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Why my parcel can't be sourced or run?

Contributor

My environment script has never been sourced or run even though my parcel is at actived status for each host. The parcel files were indeed distributed into each host.

I also tried restart the cluster, it was not working. Then I tried to manually source the script in a host, it could work, so the script itself has no problem.

I am wondering if any procedure was missed? Or any naming rule for the script? How can i tell if my parcel's shell script has been sourced by CM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki/The%20parcel.json%20file#providing-tags

As it discusses, if you want your parcel to affect an existing service, it should provide the 'foo-plugin' tag for that service, or cdh-plugin if you really want to affect all of them.

Only one parcel can provide the required tag ('cdh' in this case), and obviously the CDH parcel provides that.

What is your parcel providing that you want it to affect all services? LZO is a highly unusual example in this regard.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Contributor

finally found the error "Error found before invoking supervisord: Multiple parcels providing required tag: cdh (CDH, [my-parcel-name])".

I indeed put providing field as "cdh". I thought this is the way that could connect my parcel to certain CM managed process.

why doing that prevent a process being restarted?

Contributor

https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki/The%20parcel.json%20file#providing-tags

As it discusses, if you want your parcel to affect an existing service, it should provide the 'foo-plugin' tag for that service, or cdh-plugin if you really want to affect all of them.

Only one parcel can provide the required tag ('cdh' in this case), and obviously the CDH parcel provides that.

What is your parcel providing that you want it to affect all services? LZO is a highly unusual example in this regard.

Contributor

Thanks a lot! I have solved this issue and made my parcel working.