Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

YARN container usage metric aggregation failed because there is no active ResourceManager.

Explorer

Hi guys,

I'm getting this message: Concerning : YARN container usage metric aggregation failed because there is no active ResourceManager. Both YARN resource managers (Active and Standby) are up and running but YARN still shows me this error. Any idea why? 

Thanks,

D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your answers. In the end, I restarted YARN and all its dependencies and after few minutes everything was ok .

Thanks,

D.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cloudera Employee

It is related to the CM checks due to not being able to write the yarn check in HDFS. Try to check what the error is with the diagnostic tool > logs and search for the errors like the image below. You can also jump on the command line and check the permessions of /tmp and the /tmp/cm* directories.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 3.35.20 PM.png

Also, look at the YARN Service and maybe the parent directories are not deployed. Check out the below image and create the directories with the Action button if those are not already created inside HDFS. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 4.19.02 PM.png

Cloudera Employee

The aggregation job is run by Cloudera Manager Service Monitor. As indicated by the error msg, this means the Service Monitor was not able to find an active Resource Manager. Pls check Cloudera Manager Service Monitor's log and see if there is any exception/errors.

New Contributor

I am seeing below errors in the smon log file, what are steps for solving this issues ?

INFO com.cloudera.cmon.firehose.polling.yarn.YarnUsageAggregator: Did not find any input dirs to aggregate metrics from for yarn

Thanks in advance!

Explorer

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your answers. In the end, I restarted YARN and all its dependencies and after few minutes everything was ok .

Thanks,

D.

New Contributor

Hi,

Restarting Service Monitor resolved this issue for me.

New Contributor

Thanks for the tip. That worked for me as well.

Contributor

Thanks, Restart also worked for me