Highlighted
New Contributor

/etc/hadoop/conf/container-executor.cfg is reset to empty file every time NodeManager is started

I am trying to configure secure container so that yarn jobs run with unix user that originally submitted yarn job. I am following instructions https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-2-x/topics/cdh_sg_yarn_security.html#topic_3_17_.... Step #3 is talking about updating container-executor.cfg. So I am updating /etc/hadoop/conf/container-executor.cfg on all cluster nodes. I also updated this file on main node. However, after starting Yarn from Cloudera Web UI, /etc/hadoop/conf/container-executor.cfg file on all cluster nodes (except for the main node that does not run yarn manager) is reset to an empty file. How am I supposed to set this file?

My guess is that I need to configure this file somehow through Clouder Web UI, I just can't figure out how to do it. I also notice that if I download configuration files (Home->Click on down arrow next to cluster->View Client Configuration URLs->Download zip file for Yarn), this container-executor.cfg file is missing.

Thanks for thelp,
Oleg.

Announcements