Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

sqoop import - GSS initiate failed - Failed to find any Kerberos tgt

Explorer

sqoop import - errors out

GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

WARN security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:pars7611 (auth:KERBEROS) cause:java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)];

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Import failed: java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)];

sqoop eval runs good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion

Looks like you dont have any valid ticket , as you clusters is using kerberos . 

Intialize a fresh ticket using KINIT 

please follow the link that would walk through 

https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.7/security/AuthenticationAndAuthorization.html

syntax 

kinit USERNAME@YOUR-LOCAL-REALM.COM 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Champion

Looks like you dont have any valid ticket , as you clusters is using kerberos . 

Intialize a fresh ticket using KINIT 

please follow the link that would walk through 

https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.7/security/AuthenticationAndAuthorization.html

syntax 

kinit USERNAME@YOUR-LOCAL-REALM.COM 

Explorer

I know this is old post, but for the benefit of others...

I was getting the same error while trying to execute sqoop commands (sqoop list command was working but not exec & show) directly on Edge node and I was able to resolve it by reconnecting to Edge node, it was open for long time may be session got expired.

For some reasons I restricted myself to use edge node not Hue-Oozie.