Explorer

Clooudera Search - problem creating solr collection. Solr UI does not show collections

Hi

I have been having problems at clients's 5 nodes cluster.

Solr has kerberos disables but the cluster is kerberized.

Whenever I try to create new collectons it is never displayd on solr admin ui.

solrctl instancedir -–generate /home/user/my_collection   ok

solrctl --zk server1:2181,server2:2181,server3:2181/solr instancedir --create my_collection /home/user/my_collection     ok

solrctl --zk server1:2181,server2:2181,server3:2181/solr collection --create my_collection s 1 r 1   nok

Whenever I execute the commands below  it's shown the collections but IT DOES NO APPEAR ON SOLR ADMIN UI.

solrctl --zk server1:2181,server2:2181,server3:2181/solr instancedir --list

and

solrctl --zk server1:2181,server2:2181,server3:2181/solr collection --list

Solr log does not say too much.

Despite the fact that the cluster is kerbirized and solr not, I have followed this doc

http://www.cloudera.com/content/www/en-us/documentation/enterprise/5-3-x/topics/search_deploy_search...

specially  this part of the doc :

Configuring Solr to Use Secure HDFS

Add Kerberos-related settings to /etc/default/solr or /opt/cloudera/parcels/1.0.0+cdh5.3.8+0/etc/default/solr on every host in your cluster, substituting appropriate values. For a package based installation, use something similar to the following:

SOLR_KERBEROS_ENABLED=true
SOLR_KERBEROS_KEYTAB=/etc/solr/conf/solr.keytab
SOLR_KERBEROS_PRINCIPAL=solr/fully.qualified.domain.name@YOUR-REALM.COM

Everything is fine and no issues when restarting solr server via CM.

Explorer

Re: Clooudera Search - problem creating solr collection. Solr UI does not show collections

I have this exact same issue...Did you hear back from anyone?  My HDFS is not secure so that isone less issue to worry about but it still won't show up in any SolrAdmin UI...

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Clooudera Search - problem creating solr collection. Solr UI does not show collections

Haha ok I found the issue...really more my misunderstanding...I have 25 Solr nodes.  I created the collection with 2 replicas and 2 shards...I did not think about this when I did that and just assumed that all solr admin UI would display the collections/cores that were registered...But in fact Solr randomly assigns the cores to specific solr instances so I was not looking at the 4 nodes it had used...Once I set replication to 25 and 1 shard all nodes showed what I was expecting to see...On the other hand it is probably not necessary to scale out Solr this much unless the workload requires it. This is more of an experiement and learning excersize...I guess I learned something :-)

Announcements