New Contributor

How to integrate Nutch with Solr

Hello, I'm a newbie in using cloudera. I am trying integrate Nutch with Solr. If I build Solr and don't use Solr of Cloudera, I will copy some config from Nutch to solr/conf/ . But I can't find conf of Solr Cloudera. Some file config named such as: schema.xml, schema-solr4.xml, ... Where is conf directory of Solr Cloudera or How to integrate Nutch with Solr Cloudera step by step? Anyone can help me? Thanks all!

New Contributor

Re: How to integrate Nutch with Solr

I found the answer for the question is: /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/etc/solr/conf.dist/collection1/conf. Hope help for someone.

Cloudera Employee

Re: How to integrate Nutch with Solr

The directory you've linked to is part of the CDH parcel and should not be modified.  The particular directory you've found is some sort of default Solr client configuration, but isn't relevant to how you define collection schemas or configuration in SolrCloud.

NOTE: For all commands below, make sure you are running on a node defined as a Solr Gateway or Solr Server - it will have all the necessary client configuration populated in /etc/solr/conf

Each SolrCloud collection has it's own configuration stored in an instancedir.  You create a new local copy of an instancedir with:

solrctl instancedir --generate <directory_path>

e.g.

solrctl instancedir --generate employees   # will create an instancedir directory named 'employees' in the current working directory

You will find a fully populated 'conf' directory in this local instancedir - you can edit the schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, etc.  When you're satisfied with the configuration, upload it to Zookeeper (ZK) with:

solrctl instancedir --create <config_name_in_ZK> <directory_path>

e.g.

solrctl instancedir --create employees_config employees

You can list the configs uploaded to ZK with:

solrctl instancedir --list

Does this solve your issue?

Announcements