Sri
New Contributor

How to start solr in clustering mode

[ Edited ]

Hi

We have cloudera 5.11 with solr 4.10 version. I want start the SOLR in clustering mode so I could make use of carrot2 integration and cluster the result  set. I have set the Dsolr.clustering.enabled=True in Java Configuaration Options for Solr Server. 

I can see the change in CATALINA_OPTS too as below. But when I restart the SOLR server it fails with the error saying "Unrecognized VM option 'CMSParallelRemarkEnabled-XX:Dsolr.clustering.enabled=true'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."

+CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dsolr.hdfs.blockcache.enabled=true -Dsolr.hdfs.blockcache.direct.memory.allocation=true -Dsolr.hdfs.blockcache.blocksperbank=16384 -Dsolr.hdfs.blockcache.slab.count=1 -DzkClientTimeout=15000 -Xms209715200 -Xmx209715200 -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=268435456 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled-XX:Dsolr.clustering.enabled=true -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError={{AGENT_COMMON_DIR}}/killparent.sh

Can you please guide me on how to start the SOLR with clustering enabled.

Thanks

S

Cloudera Employee

Re: How to start solr in clustering mode

Solr clustering is enabled by default, you don't need to make any changes to enable it.

-pd

Highlighted
Sri
New Contributor

Re: How to start solr in clustering mode

Thanks for the reply. How do I know if clustering is enabled and if it using Carrot2 libraries for resultset clustering.

--Sri

Announcements