Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How does the linage diagram of Cloudera Navigator work?

Explorer

How does the linage diagram of Cloudera Navigator work?
I mean, Cloudera Navigator draws the diagram because of Ozzie groups a set of actions (hive, pig, mapreduce, and so on) or CN is able to draw the diagram if you throw indepent and sequencial jobs that you execute, for example, manually

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi, our documentation describes the behaviour of Oozie lineage at http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cn_iu_lineage.html.

For specifics, have you tried running Oozie workflows and examining them inside Navigator? If you don't have a license yet, you can always get a trial license from cloudera.com to try this out for yourself.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Hi, our documentation describes the behaviour of Oozie lineage at http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cn_iu_lineage.html.

For specifics, have you tried running Oozie workflows and examining them inside Navigator? If you don't have a license yet, you can always get a trial license from cloudera.com to try this out for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Explorer

Thanks Mark for your reply,

I was really asking about how is the method that Cloudera Navigator uses to generate the linage among different actions, I understand that Cloudera Navigators link each action (hive, spark) examining logs and what the action writes and what the action reads in  HDFS.

But I am not sure.

Regards,

Contributor
I'm sorry - I don't understand the question. Can you please clarify?

Explorer

Thanks I have executed some tests and I have seen how Lineage Graph works definitely

Contributor
Could you please explain how did you ran test, if possible could you update those details here