Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Does kerberos allows sqoop to migrate the remote mysql/sql server data into hdfs?

I want to migrate the relational data from sqlserver using sqoop into hdfs while kerberos is enabled.

the concept of kerberos is to have a ticket granting ticket/service to authenticate and be able to enter he cloudera's services.

Any idea?

Expert Contributor

Re: Does kerberos allows sqoop to migrate the remote mysql/sql server data into hdfs?

it donesn't matter.

if you run sqoop in OS level, you can use kinit to get ticket in advance( and don;t forget renewal and ticket remain days function, it means you needn't kinit to get ticket everytime. ),  if you run sqoop in HUE, this will be done by hue, you needn't worry about it/ 

Expert Contributor

Re: Does kerberos allows sqoop to migrate the remote mysql/sql server data into hdfs?

i saw when i run sqoop in kerberized cluster it gave me an error like this:-

Error: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: SIMPLE authentication is not enabled. Available:[TOKEN, KERBEROS]

also,there is no principal made for sqoop when i checked in kerberos configurations.

Expert Contributor

Also, in the documentation i found that sqoop 2 does not support security in cdh 5.2

I am using cdh 5.2 and kerberos security is enabled.

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cdh_sg_sqoop_pig_whirr_...

what is the way to use sqoop 2 in cdh 5.2,chd 5.2 only has gateways for sqoop 1 client.

I am talking about using sqoop 2 from HUE and not the linux terminal.

Cloudera Employee abe
Cloudera Employee

Sqoop2 doesn't support Kerberos currently. This will be available in CDH 5.3.0.

Check out https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1527 for more info on Kerberos support.
Expert Contributor

So you are saying is i will not be able to use sqoop2 from HUE with kerberos security enabled ?

Expert Contributor

Yes
Cloudera Employee abe
Cloudera Employee

This will be possible in CDH 5.3.0.
Announcements
New solutions