Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Flume plugin directories are not in classpath

Rising Star

Hi,

A jar with custom flume components under default plugin folders /usr/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d or /var/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d is not picked up by Flume.

I don't event see these folders included in the classpath.

All works just fine if I add my jar to one of the default CP folders, e.g. 

/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.9.0-1.cdh5.9.0.p0.23/lib/flume-ng/lib.

Did anyone have a similar issue?

Cheers,

Gin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you following this plugin directory architecture:

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#the-plugins-d-directory

If you look in the flume stderr.log, you should see it on the cmd line:
stderr.log:+ exec /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.10.2-1.cdh5.10.2.p0.19/lib/flume-ng/bin/flume-ng agent --conf /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT --classpath /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT/hbase-conf:/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT/hadoop-conf: --conf-file /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT/flume.conf --name tier2 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Duser.home=/var/lib/flume-ng -Xms1073741824 -Xmx1073741824 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp/FLUME-1_FLUME-AGENT-1_pid30399.hprof -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/usr/lib64/cmf/service/common/killparent.sh -Dflume.monitoring.type=HTTP -Dflume.monitoring.port=24001 --plugins-path /usr/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d:/var/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Are you following this plugin directory architecture:

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#the-plugins-d-directory

If you look in the flume stderr.log, you should see it on the cmd line:
stderr.log:+ exec /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.10.2-1.cdh5.10.2.p0.19/lib/flume-ng/bin/flume-ng agent --conf /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT --classpath /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT/hbase-conf:/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT/hadoop-conf: --conf-file /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/434-flume-AGENT/flume.conf --name tier2 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Duser.home=/var/lib/flume-ng -Xms1073741824 -Xmx1073741824 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp/FLUME-1_FLUME-AGENT-1_pid30399.hprof -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/usr/lib64/cmf/service/common/killparent.sh -Dflume.monitoring.type=HTTP -Dflume.monitoring.port=24001 --plugins-path /usr/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d:/var/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d

Rising Star

Spot on, I missed the directory structure and just dumped my jars under plugins.d.

The cmd line did not give me clues since it did not have anything related to plugin directories, e.g. "--plugins-path /usr/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d:/var/lib/flume-ng/plugins.d".

Thanks!