Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kafka Consumer is not working in CDH5.13.0 Kafka version : 0.10.2-kafka-2.2.0

Contributor

Hi,

I've been getting problems with the consumer in CDH5.13.0. For other CDH-5.11.0 and CDH-5.12.0 versions with Kafka version : 0.10.2-kafka-2.2.0 are working fine. Added advertised.listeners also and i'm running in a non-secure environment. Observed client.id is blank for console consumer whereas it is client.id = console-producer for producer. I need to work with CDH-5.13.0,please help me out

When I run the old API consumer, it works by running

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic test --from-beginning

However, when I run the new API consumer, I don't get anything when I run

bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --new-consumer --topic test --from-beginning  --bootstrap-server localhost:9092

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
Resolved by deleting brokers data from zookeeper
Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor
Resolved by deleting brokers data from zookeeper
Thanks.

New Contributor

How you deleted broker data from zookeeper??

I am having similar issue, with old --zookeeper, consumer is working fine however --bootstrap-server it is not working.

Kindly help?

Contributor

bin/zookeeper-shell.sh    <zookeeper_host:port>:2181

If you want to delete only topics

rmr /brokers/topics

for deleting brokers 

rmr /brokers

I am using CDH 5.13 and CDK 4.0 (apache 2.1). Getting the same problem. However, consumer is still not getting messages after deleting brokers and topics as suggested by you. 

New Contributor

Check if

offsets.topic.replication.factor

(or probably other config parameters related to replication) is not higher than the number of brokers. That was the problem in my case.