Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Running sqoop using oozie I get Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]

Every time I run sqoop command using oozie, I get Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1] error.

1. I have tried putting 'mysql connector' jar under lib folder, inside the folder that contains workflow.xml and have referenced it in workfow.xml too.

2. I have also put 'mysql connector' jar under /user/oozie/share/lib/sqoop and /user/oozie/share/lib/lib_20151118030154/sqoop and /user/oozie/share/lib and /user/oozie/share/lib/sqoop/lib

3. And have added oozie.use.system.libpath=true in job.properties file.

I have restarted the server after placing the jar files each time before running the oozie command.

Additionally I have tried downloading oozie-core/2.3.2-cdh3u3 jar from http://grepcode.com/file/repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/com.yahoo.oozie/oozie... which has sqoopmain class and added to all possible paths where oozie-core jars are kept in the entire system. Even refrenced this jar file in workflow.xml under archive after placing in the same lib folder as 1. Still no luck.

oozie is able to run map-reduce programs and other programs that I have mapped in workflow.xml but fails with the status as KILLED in hue for sqoop jobs.

Details:

job.properties

nameNode=hdfs://quickstart.cloudera:8020
jobTracker=quickstart.cloudera:8032
queueName=default
examplesRoot=examples
oozie.libpath=${nameNode}/user/oozie/share/lib
oozie.use.system.libpath=true
oozie.wf.rerun.failnodes=true
user.name=cloudera
oozie.wf.application.path=${nameNode}/user/${user.name}/${examplesRoot}/apps/map-reduce/workflow.xml
outputDir=outputOzzie

workflow.xml

<workflow-app xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.2" name="map-reduce-wf">
    <start to="mr-node"/>
    <action name="sqoopAction">
	<sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.2">
		<job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
		<name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
		<command>import --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/TEST --hive-import  --table pet  -m 1 --create-hive-table default.pet --username root --password cloudera</command>
<archive>/user/cloudera/examples/apps/map-reduce/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.15-bin.jar</archive>
	</sqoop>
<ok to="end"/>
<error to="fail"/>
</action>

<kill name="fail">
        <message>Map/Reduce failed, error message[${wf:errorMessage(wf:lastErrorNode())}]</message>
    </kill>
    <end name="end"/>
</workflow-app>

Alternatively, I tried to put the sqoop command in a shell script and run it, it fails.

If I write a map-reduce or echo commands in shell script, ozzie runs the job sucessfully but fails for sqoop commands with  [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1] error.

job.properties

nameNode=hdfs://quickstart.cloudera:8020
jobTracker=quickstart.cloudera:8032
queueName=default
oozie.libpath=${nameNode}/user/oozie/share/lib
oozie.use.system.libpath=true
oozie.wf.rerun.failnodes=true
user.name=cloudera
oozie.wf.application.path=${nameNode}/user/cloudera/examples/shellscript/workflow.xml
outputDir=SqoopShellOutput

workflow.xml

<workflow-app name="script_oozie_job" xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.3">
<start to='Test' />
<action name="Test">
<shell xmlns="uri:oozie:shell-action:0.1">
<job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
<name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
<exec>sqoopcmd.sh</exec>
<file>hdfs://quickstart.cloudera:8020/user/cloudera/examples/shellscript/sqoopcmd.sh#sqoopcmd.sh</file>
</shell>
<ok to="end"/>
<error to="fail"/>
</action>
<kill name="fail">
<message>Script failed</message>
</kill>
<end name='end' />
</workflow-app>

sqoopcmd.sh

#!/bin/bash
# sqoop script
sqoop import-all-tables \
    -m 1 \
    --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/TEST \
    --username=root \
    --password=cloudera \
    --warehouse-dir=/user/hive/warehouse \
    --hive-import 

No dignostics regarding any jobs in YARN Resource Manager.

Moreover, I have tried it in both the versions of cloudera, 5.7 and 5.5 but no luck.

Please suggest how can I resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oozie.libpath=${nameNode}/user/oozie/share/lib/sqoop and the database jar driver inside it solved the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

oozie.libpath=${nameNode}/user/oozie/share/lib/sqoop and the database jar driver inside it solved the problem.

New Contributor

Does not work, i still have the same problem