Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCA-131 Certification Preparation

Contributor

Hello Clouderans 

I am planning to take the "CCA-131" Certification, I came to know some dreading experiences from the attendees, who took the exam, It was bothering me to drop the plan of Certification.

I checked with the internet on this, most of them are cautioning towards cloudera certifications, one can not take for granted especially cloudera.  I have few questions to clarify on the preparedness for the certifiaction. 

I love to hear best inputs  from the community.

1. what level of preparation is required ??

2. How could Cloudera documentation,community,blog so on.., are relaible for preparation ??

3. One can not take the exam with out, Production experience, trainning ??

4. What level of deep dive hadoop knowledge is required for preparation ?

5. Is there any books, e-books are available for the preparation ??

@vkrish

Please ignore fat fingers

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

Hi @vkrish,

Allow me to answer one of your questions as it is covered on the CCA-131 certification page. I will also contact the certification team to see if they have anything to add. 

From the certification page:

Audience and Prerequisites

There are no prerequisites for taking any Cloudera certification exam; however, a background in system administration, or equivalent training is strongly recommended. The CCA Administrator exam (CCA131) follows the same objectives as Cloudera Administrator Training and the training course is an excellent part of preparation for the exam.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

Hi @vkrish,

Allow me to answer one of your questions as it is covered on the CCA-131 certification page. I will also contact the certification team to see if they have anything to add. 

From the certification page:

Audience and Prerequisites

There are no prerequisites for taking any Cloudera certification exam; however, a background in system administration, or equivalent training is strongly recommended. The CCA Administrator exam (CCA131) follows the same objectives as Cloudera Administrator Training and the training course is an excellent part of preparation for the exam.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

I'm also planning to write the exam.

How many times can I attempt to write the exam?

Community Manager

From the Cloudera Certification FAQ page:

What is Cloudera’s retake policy?
Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of thirty (30) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retake the same exam. You may take the exam as many times as you want until you pass, however, you must pay for each attempt; Cloudera offers no discounts for retake exams. Retakes are not allowed after the successful completion of a test.