Highlighted
Explorer

Re: CCA 131 : how does it work ?

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot !!

@samkrish, did you already scheduled your exam? 

Explorer

Dear Samrish,Thanks a lot for the link...
Need to practice a bit more..Certification cost US$ 295...
Explorer

Do you any idea which are the topics we need to focus more & not mentioned in the PDF file.
Explorer

Dear Friends,Greetings.I am keen in creating a Cloudera cluster on my home desktop (i7, 32 GB RAM, SDD+HDD, Windows 10, VMware 12 workstation)
Would appreciate if anyone can help me in getting guidelines to create a cluster (say 5 nodes) to try out CDH 5.x and get hands-on practise.
Would prefer to use CentOS virtual machines.... {observed that Cloudera Quickstart 5.8 uses a CentOS base image}
Thanks in advance.
Plascio
Champion

[ Edited ]

You can choose any operating of your choice . but widely in production in general people use RHEL . 

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/hadoop/hadoop_multi_node_cluster.htm

this tutorial will explain you like step by step .they are configuring 2 slave nodes  once you configured two nodes without any hazzel you should be able to configure rest of the slave nodes

Hope this is suffice .  mate 

Explorer

Dear "csguna"Thanks you so much for the information.Will try out.
To keep consistency, is there a way I can use Cloudera Manager (Free/60 days trial) to make a setup which will be similar to the actual hands-on exam CCA 131?
At this point of time, don't have any idea what type of questions will be asked....     [ Just know that there would be 8 to 12 tasks to be done in 120 minutes ]

-- Its a good move to migrate from multiple question exams to hands-on.
Champion

[ Edited ]

@Plascio

Well after 60 days trial you will pushed to Express edition . Certain features will be disabled like HA , rollback certain configuration things like that ,but that shouldnt be a show stopper for your exam preparation. 

Good luck with it . Concencrate more on the hadoop configuration files all  the xml 

Explorer

[ Edited ]

@csguna, did you already take it ?

Champion

Yes Sir, I am certified in CDH5

Explorer

Did you take the CCA131 or the previous exam?

In case you took the CCA131 can you share how the exam will be ? Complexity of questions, kind of questions, ... ?

Thanks

Announcements