New Contributor

Re: CCA 131 : how does it work ?

Hi guys,

I'm starting my studies, but I've a doubt, I do not have machines to use in my tests and I'm thinking use AWS EC2, what do you think about this? Is it a good choice?

tnks

Juliano

Champion

[ Edited ]

Yes you can spin one , if money is not constraint yes you should be fine . Mate 

Bet amazon is offering 4 node EC2 t2.micro instance usage nodes with 720 hours. if you register with aws. 

https://aws.amazon.com/free/

Explorer

Dear Josh,

Good day to you.

I'm also preparing for the exam.

Read somewhere that it will have a cluster of 4 nodes of CentOS

Any idea - which version of CDH will be used?

The Express / Enterprise (Data Hub) or the full Enterprise.

Does it also include Cloudera Navigator ?

Is there a precise documentation to refer for this exam?

Sorry for the (many) questions...

new exam .... dont have much information on it.

Thanking you.

Plascio

Explorer

But t2 micro won't be having enough memory to run the hadoop services.
Explorer

Does anybody know if every exercise in CCA131 exam has the same "weight"? Supposing that there are 10 question, each one is 1/10 of the total ?

Explorer

@csgunaDid you complete CCA 131 exam?

1.How many questions, did they asked.

2. All questions are practical  like installing & Trouble shooting or any objecting type?

I want to give the exam, but past two months I am posponding the it,

Can you pls provide us above information, it will be much helpful to us.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello,not yet decided when to answer.Most probably after November.

Explorer

[ Edited ]

I have similar questions:

1)most of the items on the skills list can be done with cloudera manager just by selecting the correct actions. 

For instance if the question woul be to configure a namonode for high availability (this is on the list of skills), would one then do this just using the cloudera manager (which is not that difficult) or using command lines in a shell (this is very complex)? 

I understand everything behind HA but setting it up through a shell seems like it will take quite a while.

2)A second relevant question is what documentation will be available exactly? What I understand it will be the full >500 page administrator manual? THis means you can not access personal notes or look something up online during the test?

Thanks!

Explorer

[ Edited ]

I took the exam and am now able to answer my own questions:

1)It is a cloudera exam, not a hadoop exam, so indeed the cloudera manager can be used for most questions ( in combination with basic shell/unix skills).

2)The complete cloudera documentation was available-this means everything under this link : https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest.html . If you click on a link the 'seach docs' is also available. In addition to that, if there is a service that needs to be installed and then used to show that it works correctly, the user guide for this service will also available. Also the apache hadoop documentation was available. I think what you will get depends on the nature of the questions an can slightly vary from exam to exam (I mean the documentation of a service you might have to use). 

I hope this can help others in preparing for the exam.

Explorer

Thank you very much for sharing the information. Is it easy or tough :).

Announcements