Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCA 175 Revised Syllabus

Hi,

I am CCA Spark and Hadoop Certification aspirant.As per the revised syllabus for CCA 175 do we need to prepare Spark with Scala as well as Python or Spark with Scala is enough for the Certification?

Previous Syllabus mandate Spark with Scala and python but new Syllabus does not provide clarity on the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

@ashishdiwan03 wrote:

@saranvisa

During the exam, it is possible to get templates so that all coding is not done from scratch.
In order to speed up development time of Spark questions, a template is often provided that contains a skeleton of the solution, asking the candidate to fill in the missing lines with functional code. This template is written in either Scala or Python.

According to certification team knowldge of Scala and python is must for the examination.

To clarify a bit on the Scala and Python questions here is a snippet from our community knowledge article Cloudera Certifications FAQ:

Q - Do I need to know both Scala and Python for the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer (CCA 175) Certification?  

A - The answer is yes, there are questions using both languages.

However, please remember that the goal of the exam is to test your Spark knowledge, not your Scala and Python knowledge.  The development questions typically provide you some code and ask you to fill in TO-DO sections.  So the key is to understand the Spark API.  You must have some knowledge of programming, as you will need to be able to read the existing code and understand how to store and retrieve the results you get back from calling the API, but the focus will be on you adding the Spark calls.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Champion

@ashishdiwan03

Earlier they used to provide a code template in either scala/python, so you should know both to fill the missing code based on the template that you have received.

But I came to know from one of the community that with revised syllabus, there won't be any template, so you can write your code from scratch. So you can choose either scala/python.

So the answer for your question is Spark with Scala is enough for the Certification

Thank you Saranvisa

New Contributor

Hi saranvisa,

I have some queries..it would be very helpful if you can help me with its resolution.

1. Do we need to create jar file for execution of scala program?

2. if yes, could you please help me with the steps of coding during cert exam with a sample problem and steps of execution from begiing of writing code to execution.

Thanks in advance !!!

Champion

@Adarsh03

To my knowledge, no need to create a jar file.. Instead you need to store all your commands in a notepad and execute one by one in spark shell command line

@saranvisa

During the exam, it is possible to get templates so that all coding is not done from scratch.
In order to speed up development time of Spark questions, a template is often provided that contains a skeleton of the solution, asking the candidate to fill in the missing lines with functional code. This template is written in either Scala or Python.

According to certification team knowldge of Scala and python is must for the examination.

Community Manager

@ashishdiwan03 wrote:

@saranvisa

To clarify a bit on the Scala and Python questions here is a snippet from our community knowledge article Cloudera Certifications FAQ:

Q - Do I need to know both Scala and Python for the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer (CCA 175) Certification?  

A - The answer is yes, there are questions using both languages.

However, please remember that the goal of the exam is to test your Spark knowledge, not your Scala and Python knowledge.  The development questions typically provide you some code and ask you to fill in TO-DO sections.  So the key is to understand the Spark API.  You must have some knowledge of programming, as you will need to be able to read the existing code and understand how to store and retrieve the results you get back from calling the API, but the focus will be on you adding the Spark calls.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Champion

@ashishdiwan03

oh ok! thank you for the update! (the info that I got from the other community may be wrong ) but it is good that you have mailed cloudera for the confirmation... 

Champion

@ashishdiwan03

FYI, i got multple confirmations from a different community where the people confirmed that there is no template provided.

Cloudera Stmt: it is possible to get templates so that all coding is not done from scratch.

Also according to cloudera statement, there is no confirmation that template will be provided, they are saying it is possible but not mandatory. So even template provided, it is not mandatory to use the template , I mean if you are familiar with Scala but you got Python template then it is not mandatory to use Python template, instead you can delete the template and write code in Scala --Because template is provided to help you but not to force you to follow either Python/Scala. All they need is your result

So I want to reconfirm that to appear for CCA175 - it is good to know both Scala/Python but If you are master in Scala but don't know python, Still you can appear for the exam and write your code using Scala

New Contributor

Hi,

my doubt is if the available eclipse in the cluster contains scala nature.

i'm asking this because i've downloaded CH 5.10, and the bundle eclipse does not support scala.