Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer (CCA175) related problem

New Contributor

Hi, I encountered a problem during the certification exam. There was a question to reference a hive table to solve. I wanted to use SparkSQL to solved it, however, as far as I know, the hive-site.xml need to be presented in spark/conf directory in order to do so. So I do cp command, but root is required. I then try $sudo passwd try to change the password of the root, but the password of the "cert" account seem to be incorrect. Thus I cannot copy the hive-site.xml to spark/conf. Maybe the problem is not expecting to be solved by SparkSQL but just want to know about if it is possible to move files around with the account given to us. 

Later I also do $passwd command try to validate the password given in the webpage, but the password is incorrect as well, not sure what I missed, any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

Hi @dome,

I checked with the certification team who advised there is no root access given as the CCA175 exam does not require it.  

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

For your situation I would email the certification team via certification@cloudera.com for further information. 

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Can we know if ther's root access during the exams?

Community Manager

Hi @dome,

I checked with the certification team who advised there is no root access given as the CCA175 exam does not require it.  

Explorer

did you try to access hive table from spark console first?